Winter Candidate Requirements
Winter Quarter Applications are now closed. Please check back in Fall 2017 for our next candidate cycle.
To become a member, you must commit yourself to contributing to the numerous programs and activities that have been a part of our Delta Chapter’s tradition since 1921.
Specific Candidate requirements are as follows:
- Must be an accounting, finance, or information systems major, currently enrolled in upper division courses.
- Earn a 3.1 cumulative grade point average.
- Earn a 3.1 overall grade point average in their upper division accounting, finance or information systems courses.
- If a candidate does not have a 3.1 cumulative GPA, they may qualify for membership if they have a 3.25 GPA for the last 45-quarter credits that they have completed.
Winter Quarter BAP Candidates
- GPA 3.1 or Higher
- Professional Hours 8 BAP Hours
- Service Hours 7 BAP Hours
- Total Hours 15 in Winter Quarter
- For candidates applying for membership during the winter quarter there are some
- slight differences in the professional and service hour requirements.
- BAP Annual Hours Requirement (Winter Candidates Only)
An annual requirement of 32 hours must be met by all members and candidates seeking membership. Of those 32 hours, each member is required to have at least 10 or more hours of professional activities and 10 or more hours of service activities. In addition to the 20 hours previously described, you must complete at least 12 additional hours of professional or service activities. The additional 12 hours can be all service hours, all professional hours, or a combination of both. Only a maximum of five hours per year of professional activities and a maximum of five hours per year of service activities that are not sponsored by Beta Alpha Psi will be counted.
In addition, candidates are encouraged to become a member of a BAP committee. Throughout the year, officers and project leaders will need help to fulfill their various responsibilities. Depending on the function of the committee you may or may not receive service hours. Committees are not only a good way to earn service hours, but they enable you to meet many of your fellow accounting students and accounting professionals from the public firms and corporations. Please contact acurrent officer to find out how you can be more involved in BAP to make the most out of your BAP membership today!
As a candidate, you will be expected to pay a one-time, non-refundable initiation fee of $80 to the National Chapter. In addition, you will be expected to pay quarterly membership dues.