Beta Alpha Psi – Recruitment Information
Winter Quarter applications are closed. We will be accepting new candidates in Fall Quarter, and hope to see you then. The eligibility and requirements for candidacy and membership can be found below.
To become a member, you must commit yourself to contributing to the numerous programs and activities that have been a part of our Delta Chapter’s tradition since 1921.
Applying for Membership
The Beta Alpha Psi Delta chapter recruits during Fall and Winter Quarters. Applications open the first week of the quarter and close the Friday of the second full week. Requirements for students who apply in Fall Quarter and Winter Quarter will be slightly different – details are below.
Eligibility and Requirements
Fall Quarter Candidate Requirements
Students are eligible to become candidates if they:
- Are a student in the Foster School of Business
- Are interested in or have chosen Accounting/Information Systems/Finance as their option
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.1
- Have at least one year left before graduation
During their candidate quarter, students must fulfill these requirements in order to become initiated as members the following quarter:
- 8 professional hours
- 7 service hours
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.1
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.1 in upper division courses, if applicable
Fall Quarter Candidate Annual Requirements
Fall Quarter Candidates, once initiated, must fulfill these annual requirements to maintain membership:
- 40 participation hours, including
- 15 professional hours
- 15 service hours
- 10 hours of either professional or service
- Maintain at least a 3.1 cumulative GPA
- Maintain at least a 3.1 GPA in upper division courses, if applicable
Winter Quarter Candidate Requirements
Winter Quarter applicants have the same candidacy and participation requirements as Fall Quarter applicants for their first quarter; however, they must fulfill 32 hours rather than the 40 hours for their first year in Beta Alpha Psi.
10 of those hours must be professional, 10 must be service, and the remaining 12 can be either professional or service.
After the end of the first academic year, the student must continue to fulfill the regular 40 hours per year to maintain candidacy/membership.