Winter Candidate Requirements
To become a member, you must commit yourself to contributing to the numerous programs and activities that have been a part of our Delta Chapter’s tradition since 1921.
Specific Candidate requirements are as follows:
- Must be a student enrolled in the Foster School of Business.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.1.
- If you do not have a cumulative GPA of 3.1 or above, you may qualify for membership if you have a GPA of 3.25 or above for the last 45 quarter-credits you have completed.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.1 in upper division accounting, finance, or information systems courses (if applicable).
- 15 total hours of involvement
- 8 BAP professional hours
- 7 BAP service hours
An annual requirement of 32 hours must be met by all Winter Quarter candidates seeking membership. Of those 32 hours, each member is required to have at least 10 hours of professional activities and at least 10 hours of service activities. In addition to the 20 hours previously described, you must complete at least 12 additional hours of professional or service activities. The additional 12 hours can be all service hours, all professional hours, or a combination of both. Only a maximum of five hours per year of professional activities and a maximum of five hours per year of service activities that are not sponsored by Beta Alpha Psi will be counted.
As a candidate, you will be expected to pay a one-time, non-refundable initiation fee of $65 to the National Chapter. In addition, you will be expected to pay quarterly membership dues of $40.